Well, November proved to be a rough month. I ended up getting really sick, but after a trip to the Emergency room, several visits to the medical clinic and a much needed trip home to Arizona, I got better. I had to take basically the entire month off of work, but being sick and having that time for myself gave me a lot of opportunity to reflect. I look back on the experiences that I had that month, and I wouldn't change them for anything. The things that I learned are irreplaceable. I experienced trials that truly taught me something, and I have grown immensely from that rough month. :)
Well, the doctor banned me from work and school for the remainder of the month (On about November 6th) so as soon as I felt up to it, I scooted home for about a ten day visit. It was excellent. I got to spend some time in Flagstaff, and see Courtney, Jana and some other friends there. Then I went home to Glendale, and it was so wonderful to see my family for an extended Thanksgiving visit!
I still look a little on the sick side, but my BFFL definitely helped me to feel better! I was so happy I got to be with Courtney! :) I think spending time in Flagstaff with her might have been the best medicine!
This was also a BIG help- getting to spend time with my Robles family! I miss them every day, still and staying with them is always my favorite!
These two pictures bring back good memories of hanging out on the "drunk bus." Haha. Courtney and I used to go and hang out with our boys while they drove the bus from downtown to campus on the weekends. I miss those boys, especially my good friend Stephen (bottom photo). He really is the greatest, despite what this picture might say about him.
Because I love her, I went with Jana to see Breaking Dawn part 1 (Yep, I basically made of the movie the whole way through). She is my favorite for sure! This girl is seriously like the sister that I never had. Living with her was one of the best experiences of my life, and I miss it every day! Her family is the greatest!
After some fun, and healing in Flagstaff, I headed down to Glendale! :) YAY for seeing family for Thanksgiving!
I went to pick my little brother, Stuart, up from school, and I had a chance to go and see my former choir teacher and listen to the Apollo High School choir for a little while.
I love spending time with my family!! It was so good to see my niece, Emmalin! She had gotten so big since the last time I had seen her! I don't like everything that I miss being so far away from her! Also, Stuart is my favorite! He's my best friend, and I love being with him, and miss him so much!
Being with friends was also a plus of going to Arizona. :) I got to see a ton of people I hadn't spent time with for a long time! Hanging out at Justin's is always so fun, and it made me remember old, fun times.
I love BOO!! (Taylor)
The Robles came down to Phoenix from Flagstaff for Thanksgiving, and we all met up at a park to celebrate Payten's birthday!! I was so glad that I got to see them again! :) I love them!
Then it was back to Spanish Fork for about three more weeks of student teaching! :) Being done with student teaching was a bitter sweet experience. I love those third graders so much, and being in that classroom was a such a great experience. I loved my cooperating teacher, Elise Clifford, and over the course of the semester, we became good friends!
The coolest thing about the end of student teaching was that so many blessings came to me. It was definitely the sunshine after the storm. November had been a trying month, and as I relied on my Heavenly Father, I truly saw the purpose behind the trials I faced and He blessed me greatly. Because I had to miss so many days of student teaching during my illness, it was a question as to whether or not the school would let me graduate. Many emails went back and forth between the College of education, my university supervisor and myself. Eventually, the student teaching coordinator from NAU evaluated my performance throughout the semester, and said that I could still graduate, and successfully complete my student teaching. I was so grateful for this blessing in my life. Despite the hospital bills and missing work and school, things worked out, and it was apparent that I have a loving Heavenly Father.
This is a Christmas tree that I made with my third graders. The pine needles are cut outs of their hands!! It was so adorable! I am definitely using it in my future classroom!
So, I finished my student teaching... all done with school!! :) Originally, since I am living in Spanish Fork, I was not going to get to go down to Arizona for my college graduation. However, I have the most amazing best friend, and she pulled some strings and talked to her amazing Uncle Mike. Mike decided that for our graduation presents, he would pay for me to do a quick turn around to Flagstaff. So, the morning of December 16, 2011, I got on a plane in Salt Lake City around 8 in the morning, and I was in Flagstaff for my graduation by 1pm.
Spencer became our hero for the day because he was able to get me from the airport in Phoenix to Flagstaff in time. Granted, he didn't follow every traffic law, but we made it, and I am still alive to tell the story...
The college experience wouldn't have been the same without this girl! Courtney is amazing, and I am so grateful for the experiences we have been able to share together, and I am excited for the millions of fun times to come! :)
Thank goodness for my family, and their willingness to drop everything last minute and head up to Flagstaff for my graduation! I love them so much and I couldn't have done this without the support of my loving parents! :)
It was so much fun to go out to eat with our families after the graduation ceremony. I love Courtney's family, and they have been so good to mine as Courtney and I have become such good friends. Courtney's grandma is in the picture above, and some times I wonder how different mine and Courtney's friendship might be if she wasn't in Courtney's life. Doyce is an amazing woman with a ton of wisdom, and it has been an extreme blessing that she came into my life with my awesome Courtney package! :)
Another bonus of actually getting to attend my graduation was getting to see this guy! Trevor has been an awesome friend, and a vital part of my college life. Meeting him my freshman year proved to be a huge blessing and I will always be grateful for his friendship! :)
After a quick trip, it was back to Spanish Fork for just a few short weeks before I got to come home for Christmas again!
My ward went to see the Salt Lake temple lights for FHE one Monday. This experience proved to be a good one for me as I was able to finally started to interact with a variety of people in my ward. It was a turning point in my Utah experience, and it's one that I will look back on and be grateful for.
I was also in charge of my ward Christmas program. That ended up being a great experience. I used the Christmas program that my family uses every year of Christmas eve.
Then, it was home for Christmas!! :)
Courtney, Mike, Spencer and I went to see the temple lights in Mesa! It is one of my favorite parts of Christmas, and it was cool to be able to share it with three people who had never seen them before. :)
Then, I went back to the Mesa temple lights with my family. It's tradition to go on Christmas eve before we go to Aunt Debbie's house! :)
Here is the family at Aunt Debbie's house. Christmas eve is probably the best part of Christmas for me. I love the opportunity to feel the true meaning of Christmas with our family program.
It was Emmalin's first Christmas, and I think it was to everyone's enjoyment watching her. Aunt Sherri simply couldn't get enough of the little booger! :)
Christmas time also proved to be a great opportunity to get together with old friends, and have fun at Justin's!
After a fast, but fun visit home for Christmas, I headed back to Spanish fork! When I got back, I started substitute teaching for the Provo and Alpine school districts. It proved to be a rewarding experience and I learned a lot from the short time that I did it.
Spencer came to visit for a weekend in January, and it turned into a crazy weekend because my Arizona friends ended up surprising me with an EXTRA visitor.
The weekend that Jon and Erica got engaged, they came down to Provo. My friends hid it from me and surprised me with my best friend! :) Jon had kept the big dinner he had planned for Erica a secret as well so it was just a night of fun surprises!
That same weekend, we all piled into the Jensen's van and went up to Salt Lake. We checked out the new kid exhibit at the Church History Museum, and of course went to Chipotle! :) It was an enjoyable weekend, and it was awesome to get a surprise from Erica and Jon! They are to be married May 25th in the Mesa Arizona Temple! :)
Shortly after I got back to Utah, they changed the ward boundaries of the singles' wards in Spanish Fork. This boundary change is something that I have been truly blessed by. Because of the change, I have met so many amazing people who have blessed my life in such a short time. Ever since the split, I feel like my life has been full of great experiences and tons of fun! I am excited to continue to cultivate the relationships I have begun to develop!
One of the people that I have met because of the split is Randi Miller (middle). She and I have become good friends, and she is awesome! She, Chelsea Juhl and I went to Provo Beach Resort one night, and had a lot of fun. Chelsea and I did the ropes course which proved to be a little scary, but it was fun!
I love how I am in Sears uniform clothing doing the ropes course. hahaha
The fun really began after I held a pretty awesome party at my house! I invited a lot of people from the ward, and a lot of people ended up coming. It was such a great time and I loved getting to know people better through playing games and enjoying each other's company!
This picture is all the Glendale Peeps playing Just Dance at the party. It was awesome that my Arizona friends came and got to hang out with the amazing people I have met!
Here are some new friends! Bradley is in the orange shirt, Wesley is in the tan pants, Aaron is in the blue shirt and Natasha is on the couch. My new friend Jenny is also hiding behind Bradley in that group, but you can't really see her.
Bradley and I met in August, shortly after I moved to Spanish fork and shortly after he got home from his mission. He was my home teacher for a while, but recently changed home teaching companions and isn't any more. However, he and I have gotten to be really great friends, and he is someone that I appreciate having in my life almost every day.
Wesley is so much fun, and was one of my first new friends when the split happened. He and I are constantly joking and I have so much fun when I am with him. When the wards first changed, he invited me to come play soccer with a group of his friends and now I play every Thursday night with them. I am not very good, but I have enjoyed the opportunity to get to know people better and to try something new!
Aaron has been such a blessing in my life. He always makes sure that I get included and invited to things. I love having him as a friend because he is a great one!
Jenny is so much fun to be around! She and I have become pretty good friends, and it's so much fun to have a girl around to do things with! People around us always call us "the Jennys," and more recently they have deemed us number 1 and number 2, but we are going to try and rid people of the use of numbers when referring to us! haha.
In this picture, you can see my friend Justin. He is the guy on the couch in the blue shirt. He is one AWESOME guy. He and I talked a lot for a while, and more recently various things have made it so we don't chat as much, but he is one of the most genuine people that I know. He is so respectful of everyone and such a good friend that is always willing to listen.
In this picture, you can see Mandi (in the line of dancers on the far right), John (next to Mandi in the Dijon mustard colored shirt), Kelsey (in the red paid shirt) and Nate. Wesley is hanging out in the chair and Bradley is still standing there, cutting a rug, but I already talked about them earlier. :)
Mandi is simply AMAZING!! She and I met at soccer the first time and she was so incredibly friendly to me that night. She came right up and introduced herself and helped me to feel welcomed. More recently she and I have had a chance to talk one on one, and she is one amazing girl. She has a great resolve to do what is right and you can see her testimony through the way she treats others. It is really neat because she might actually be coming down to Arizona with me soon!
John... Well, I met John while working at Sears, and he is one funny kid. He is extremely animated and always had people laughing.
Kelsey!! I love this girl. She always has a smile on her face and is super sweet. I love having her around. I met her the first time while playing soccer on a Thursday night, but then I found out that she is in my ward, and I was so excited because she is simply amazing!
Nate is someone that I met through the Bradfords (Wesley and Jenny), and I don't know him very well, but what I do know about him is that he is suuuuuper funny and so welcoming. He is such a nice person, and you can often find him interacting with random strangers and making conversation. :)
Then it's back to the AZ friends! They, of course, are amazing!! :) One thing about them is that it doesn't matter how long we spend away from each other, we always snap right back to where we were. There is always so much love when we are together, and they are people that I know I can always count on.
Shortly after the party, I had my last day at Sears because I got a new job!! I also stopped being a substitute, and I now work at American Leadership Academy. I am a Title I paraprofessional and a special education aid. I am really enjoying it, and I hopefully will have a shoe in for a job in my own classroom there in the fall!
The weekend after the party was super fun as well! There was an institute dance, and before that I dyed Bradley's hair. That was super fun!
This is Bradley's hair before the dye.
And this is it after. It didn't make it blond like he wanted, but he is a true red head now...
Then, the Arizona people and myself took a little trip up to BYU-I to see Erica and Jon. Erica asked Emily and I if we would come up to go wedding dress shopping with her so we did!
It's so awesome that Erica and I are still best friends after all these years! I love that we still make visits to see each other, and we are still involved in each other's lives. I love her so much!!
Going up to Rexberg gave me a chance to see some old friends that I haven't seen in forever! Becky Ahern just started attending there. She and I were in Young Women's together! She is such a sweet girl, and it was so good to see her!
I also got to see Joey Bingham! Woop woop!!
It seems that I am living weekend to weekend, and I kid of am. haha. All of the big things happen on the weekend. Granted, during the week, there is always FHE, institute and soccer, and those things keep me going throughout the week for sure, but each weekend seems to bring a new adventure!!
The next weekend was QUITE an adventure. My dad ended up driving up to Utah to see Bruce. On the way here he flipped his car. He walked away just fine, and luckily the car ended up getting pretty much fully repaired as well. Blessings!! :) It was a crazy weekend for sure, but it was nice to have my dad around!
After the flipping car debacle, my dad ended up staying for about a week. It was kind of neat to have him around. I was running all over the place, as always, but it was nice to come home at night and talk to him until way too late! I miss being around my family, and so it was nice to have the comfort of having my dad around.
Now onto more adventures!
Bradley, Max, Natalie, Myself, Cole and Shauna read to do the ropes course at Provo Beach Resort.
You've already heard about Bradley... so Max! He is a fairly new friend, as this was the first time I had met him. He came with Randi and Natalie to this activity, and is a pretty cool kid. I don't know him very well yet, but he is in my ward so hopefully I will have the opportunity to get to know him a little better as time goes on!
Natalie is such a great girl! She is Randi's best friend, and I had heard a lot about her from Randi. We had met a few time prior to this, but this was the first time that she and I had done anything together and it was so much fun! Since, we have hung out a few more times, and I have learned that she is such a sweet girl. She is great to be around, and I look forward to hanging out with her again!! :)
Cole!!! He is my new home teacher since Bradley isn't anymore. He and I became friends because of smelling cologne samples that this kid Chuck brought to FHE one night. That happened, and it was like we were instant friends. He definitely has become a person that I confide in greatly, and is someone I feel like I can be completely myself around. His friendship is one that I appreciate greatly.
Shauna is one great girl! She and I were visiting teaching companions for a little bit, and unfortunately we got switched after only getting to visit our girls once! I love how sweet she is, and how fun she is to be around. I remember once at ward prayer when she talked about how she just wanted to get to know everyone in the ward and be their friend. She has got such a sweet admonition, and such a loving spirit!
While at the Provo Beach Resort, we had so much fun riding the carousel! : ) Natalie in particular looks to be enjoying herself... haha.
After the Provo Beach Resort, I went for a day in Salt Lake with the Bradfords and a few others! We went to the temple in the morning. Jenny and I went to do baptisms while the rest went into a session.
While Jenny and I waited for the rest of the group to get out of the session, we walked over to the Church History Museum and had fun in the kids' zone! :)
Then, we all headed to the Hogle Zoo!
This ball, was our main center for entertainment while we were at the zoo. I think we spent more time trying to see who could stay on this ball the longest than we did looking at any of the animals! It was so much fun though! We made a lot of people laughed, and no one ever told us not to do it! :)
This is our group at the Zoo! There is Jenny, Wesley and their brother Andy, along with his wife Dani as well as Aaron and their friend Annie.
The next point of adventure was with Jenny! She and I decided to try using chalk pastels to color our hair! It worked, and was so much fun! We did streaks in our hair, made some brownies and then went to the hot pots!
Jenny and I joined her cousin, Darron and his friend "Big Jake" on a hike up to the hot pots in Spanish Fork Canyon. Our friend, Morgan came with us as well, and it was such a fun time! The trail was super icy and I kept falling, but that made it even more fun! I had never been to a natural hot spring before and the smell of sulfur definitely isn't one that I would like to wear a a perfume or anything, but it was so worth the fun that we had. On the way down, some times, Jenny and I would simply sit down and slide down the slope! My legs and my rear were numb by the time we got to the car, but it was such a fun adventure!
On Saturday morning, we had the adult session for our stake conference. It was so great. I think it is such a blessing to be in an all singles' stake because the talks were directed toward our specific age group and people in our specific walk of life. It feels like such a huge blessing to have leaders specifically assigned to speak to young single adults. Their talks were inspirational, and helped me to develop goals that I would like to pursue. Sunday session proved to be the same way. I remember specifically one of the speakers talking about how when we are asked what we are pursuing, we should never say "I don't know." We should explain what we ARE doing. This is something that really struck home with me because I feel that Heavenly Father does want us to think about what we ARE doing. I think if we accentuate those positive and productive things in our lives, it will motivate us to do more.
On Saint Patrick's Day, my relief society had a trip up to Salt Lake planned to celebrate the Relief Society's birthday! We went to see the Joseph Smith movie and then we went to the temple. I hadn't realized that they had changed the Joseph Smith movie. It isn't the same as when I was a youth. Some parts were added, some were taken out and the narration is different. It is still just as spiritually uplifting, but it made me a little bit sad when it wasn't the same. That movie has so many good feelings and memories from my youth attached to it that it felt sad that it was different. The new parts however were awesome because they incorporated a lot of today, and how we can apply the history of the church into our lives. I really liked that!
Randi and I on our way to Salt Lake!
Our group in front of the temple!! :)
Randi, Chalese and myself walking around temple square while we waited for the others to get out of a session!
Then, later that night, the Arizona people had a green party!! :) :)
We were missing a few, but it was so good to see all of these guys. It had felt like forever since we had been together! There is still so much love among this group of friends, and it's amazing how the bonds don't ever change. We had fun laughing about the food that was shared. We tried to make everything green, but it proved to be a failure because of lack of food. Haha.
Wow... after about four months of catching up, I think I have gotten up to date on this thing!!
This last week, I have really grown to enjoy my job and the kids that I work with. In particular, I teach a math class to these two girls and I have found ways to make long division the most fun you have ever seen it be. I love seeing them smile when I do something silly, and I love seeing the light bulb go off when I know they get it! On Thursday, we spent their entire class period playing a game and dancing to the long division song. I have seen the progress in them every day, not only in their academics, but also in their attitude about learning. Teaching can be such a blessing some times because you get to serve other every day. You have the opportunity to love others in a way that no one else gets to love them. The relationship that a teacher has with their students I have learned is such a special one. It is full of so much hope and understanding. I have come to realize that every child really does have a star within. Through teaching these kids, my testimony of the Lord's love for His children has grown so much. He really does love us as individuals and He really does know our individual needs.
Throughout this last week, I have also had the time to reflect upon other blessings that I have been granted. I have recently realized the blessing that online social networking can be as it has helped me to connect better with my extended family. We have never really been close, but after writing a message to all of them on facebook, it seems that we are going to work together to try and change that. Family is such an important part of life, and I don't know why I ever let myself go this long without doing anything about the situation with my extended family. However, all I can do from this point is move forward and be better from now on. :) I am excited for the blessings that they will be in my life!
Other than that, the last week has been pretty great! It was average throughout the week, FHE, institute and soccer. After institute on Wednesday Jenny and I went country dancing which is super fun! I really enjoy it!
This weekend has been a relaxing one and I have been grateful for that! I did get to spend time with my good friend, Tawna as we went to the color festival! I went with her last year as well, and so it was fun to do it again with the same person! It was a lot more crowded this time though and really hot! We still had fun though!
Tawna and I at the color festival with her friends McKayla and Sasha.
And on that note, I think this record breaking blog entry is finished! It's not all inclusive because there are some things that I definitely missed, but you get the jist of my life to this point! I do my best to keep you all updated over the phone anyway, but this way you can see it in pictures! :) I will do my best to be better about staying on top of this for all of you Arizonians that I miss so much! I hope you are all doing well!!
Loves and hugs,
Jenny :)








































No comments:
Post a Comment